Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BDT Supplemental to Weight Training?

Hi all.

Discovered BDT when searching for a program to improve my cardio health that also had a muscle endurance element. Just jumped right into my first session and was pleased to have my butt kicked.

I currently weight train three times a week (basic compound lifts for strength) and had planned on just slotting my 4 20 min sessions in the days between. Expecting to progress slower as a result, but more worried about injury. Anyone tried this?

MrH has reacted to this post.
MrH

I'm fairly active and find the repetitive motion of the program to be taxing on my shoulders, at least initially, despite feeling much stronger in the motions already. I work an active physical job and Fri/Sat were particularly taxing, I'm still nursing soreness this Monday AM. I've decided to shoot for 'every other day' with Sundays off and to give myself grace with taking another day off for soreness if needed, injury helps nobody. I'll still log my weekly gains as long as I got 1 of each 6C and NS sessions in and I'll still feel great about my workouts. I combine it with a weekly weighted ruck and at least one run. I think you're going to be asking a lot of your body and you're going to see gains so have grace for your self to take the recovery time needed while still pushing yourself to work hard!

Yes. Blood flow-directed training (BDT) can be supplemental to weight training to help enhance muscular growth and size. It is a form of resistance training that utilizes blood flow restriction to place an increased stress on the muscles during a workout. With BDT, it is possible to lift lighter weights with a higher degree of intensity due to the restricted blood flow, allowing for greater gains in muscle size and strength with less risk of injury. This makes BDT an ideal supplemental training option for those who are looking to increase their overall strength and muscle mass.

Subscribe
to our newsletter 
- coming soon

CONTACT FORM HERE...

Coming soon...
apartmentenvelope