Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTRAINING TALK: ALL THINGS BDTProgressions?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Progressions?

I've tried different ways for me to split the training within a session. As an example I have tried to do one movement every x seconds and also tried to put in resting periods between the intervals.

What "setup" have worked you to progress in the beginning levels?

Chris9 and MrH have reacted to this post.
Chris9MrH

I'm pretty new to this, but here are my thoughts.

With the 10c (NS), I was doing 1 rep every 20 seconds, which gave me enough recovery to make it through to 60 total. I soon found that quite comfortable, so I leapt to 1 rep every 15 seconds to get 80. Then I moved it to 14s to get 86 total.

But with 6c, I need to do a few to build up some recovery time. First, I was trying to do 15 in 90 seconds with a 30-second rest, but I found that going for 90 seconds was too much. So, next, I alternated between 4 for 30 seconds, then 3 in 30 seconds, resting for what remains of the 30 seconds to get to 140. Now, I do 4 reps every 30 seconds to reach 160 total.

MrH has reacted to this post.
MrH

I've being doing 2:30 of 6c and then taking a rest. 5 x 9c and rest. Playing around with interval timers because it's really a balance between rest, rhythm, and endurance for me.

Subscribe
to our newsletter 
- coming soon

CONTACT FORM HERE...

Coming soon...
apartmentenvelope