Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTRAINING TALK: ALL THINGS BDTWarm Up?!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Warm Up?!

What warm up do you all do?

Or do you just drop straight into Burpees?!

Thanks

MrH and Shane have reacted to this post.
MrHShane

I warm up my joints by doing circles with them. I warm up my body by dancing, doing an in place jog, shadow boxing, jumping jacks, whatever suits my fancy. The main focus for me is warming the joints, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles, etc.

GazUK, MrGetRight and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
GazUKMrGetRightMrHShanestergioulisg

Thanks Paul!

I especially approve of the dancing 🕺🤣👍

Paul from Oregon, MrH and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Paul from OregonMrHDaenoirShane

I start with some joint mobility, working my way down from neck to ankles with special attention to shoulders, elbows, and wrists, all things that are stressed a bit more with burpees, and I throw in some band movements as well, especially for shoulders. Then it's usually five or minutes of brisk walking to get my heart rate up and finish off with hanging from a pullup bar for 30 seconds and 30 seconds in a deep squat position. Since I start my workouts with pullups that acts as a further warm up to have me ready for my burpee session. I always finish with yoga as well and then do any cardio (running, walking or combination of) a little later in the day. At 57, the joint mobility sessions are essential, same with yoga, and since I've been doing both for decades, through years of powerlifting, olympic lifting, kettlebell sport and ultrarunning, and I've suffered very few injuries and none being serious - I'd swear by them.

Paul from Oregon, GazUK and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Paul from OregonGazUKMrGetRightMrHShanestergioulisg

That's superb,Eric!

At 55,I should definitely do more mobility bit tend to rush into the sexy stuff too quickly.

Loving the sound of your routine 👊

Paul from Oregon, MrH and Shane have reacted to this post.
Paul from OregonMrHShane

Here’s a couple of videos where Max discusses the topic of warming up:

1. https://youtu.be/diddnnjAmRM
2. https://youtu.be/R2rzj4018zk

MrGetRight, ash and Hymix have reacted to this post.
MrGetRightashHymix

Subscribe
to our newsletter 
- coming soon

CONTACT FORM HERE...

Coming soon...
apartmentenvelope