Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Weekly Training Results

PreviousPage 6 of 14Next

Not posted any results for a while due to illness and injury restricting activity. Struggling to regain lost ground with both formats but the seals are back at 70 in 20 mins which is pleasing. Still a long way from the previous pr but sets a new benchmark to try to improve from. 6 counts are a real struggle! Targeting 160 as a first step back and not getting there yet. Might have to reduce that to 150 for motivation- it’s so easy to give in once the little voice starts telling you that you’re so far behind that there’s no chance you’re going to get there etc. This morning will be 6 count session, I’ll let you know how it goes!

Chris9 and MrH have reacted to this post.
Chris9MrH

Managed 143 in 20 mins using Paul from Oregon’s strategy of 4:30 on, 30s rest. Was at 80 after 10 mins but ran out of oxygen pretty rapidly. I take some heart from keeping going right to the end and I finished with a decent core workout after a short recovery period.

Chris9MrH

Did 60 NS and 120 6CT in 26 minutes this morning.

Chris9MrH

Used the BDP follow along video to get back to level 1d on 6 counts, so new post injury pr is 150 of the 6 counts and 70 ns. In some ways this reset is useful because I know for sure that I can do better. There is less doubt or darkness during a hard workout and it’s easier to still the little voice and its insidious message- the mental side is just as important as the physical!

Monday: increased 6 counts to 151- very keen to get that last one!

Tuesday: 152

Friday: 154

Slow but steady progress throughout the week. Target for next week is to make 160.

Chris9MrH

This week summary: 212 6 CT in 20 minutes, and 105 NS in 20 minutes. Level 2 unlocked.

Richard, Chris9 and MrH have reacted to this post.
RichardChris9MrH

My week 2.

Monday 152 x 6c (level 1d)

Tuesday 62 x 10c (level 1d)

Thursday 152 x 6c

Saturday 72 x 10c

MrH has reacted to this post.
MrH

Enjoying reading back on all of the posts in the last 8 months or so.

Test-in 6C was 132, level 1C. This is grueling and tough mentally but I kept my form 98% of the time. This is going to be as much of a mental training exercise as physical but I can see this 6C and NS being a center of a lifelong bodyweight based fitness program/lifestyle. I did some pretty sloppy testing in the week leading up to a proper test-in. Recognize that I'll need to do an 'every other day' to start out. Have seen some chatter on the YouTube comments but where are you guys adding in the pull-ups?

Admin and Chris9 have reacted to this post.
AdminChris9
Quote from MrH on February 4, 2023, 7:03 pm

Enjoying reading back on all of the posts in the last 8 months or so.

Test-in 6C was 132, level 1C. This is grueling and tough mentally but I kept my form 98% of the time. This is going to be as much of a mental training exercise as physical but I can see this 6C and NS being a center of a lifelong bodyweight based fitness program/lifestyle. I did some pretty sloppy testing in the week leading up to a proper test-in. Recognize that I'll need to do an 'every other day' to start out. Have seen some chatter on the YouTube comments but where are you guys adding in the pull-ups?

Did test-in for NS today. Got 51, probably could have squeezed in a few more but had to pace myself. Level 1C. Was using SmartWod timer app and set one every 20 seconds and got to 10 minutes before realizing I wasn't getting to 20 minutes at the pace. Slowed to 1 every 30 seconds and snuck a bonus 1 in at the end. This is tough! Pushed out 2 sets of 4 pull-ups afterwards.

Sleep and food is going to affect my numbers and consistency. Considering doing it fasted in the AM early as working out 2.5hrs after dinner once the kids were in bed was tough, I'm running out of steam by that point.

I've been supplementing with 5g creatine again for about a month now and I had most of a container of glutamine that I had been trying out last time I was trying to get a weight lifting routine together. Glutamine seems to be a controversial supplement regarding whether or not it's effective but studies that support it seem to show taking it fasted works best for recovery and growth so I'll use this container up and see if there is a change in how I feel each day once I run out. So far I'm feeling pretty 'swol' after these workouts and recovery has been really good despite 6 hours sleep per night. Wrists are sore by the end of the workout but I have a thorough stretching routine and they seem okay by the next day. Onward!

Chris9 has reacted to this post.
Chris9

My week 3.

Monday 152 x 6c

Tuesday 80 x 10c (level 2)

Thursday 151 x 6c

Friday 80 x 10c

I think I am likely to hover at these numbers for a while. No bad thing as I can look at improving my form.

MrH has reacted to this post.
MrH

This week I had gains after my test-in. Setting a pace using apps is very helpful. Switched from SmartWod to Interval Timer, found it to be more flexible in the free version. For NS I'm doing roughly 2:25 on, 30 off and it seems to be a good balance of stress vs rest until I build more strength. I like the sets of 25 for 6C. Moving from 1C into 1D territory. Cold showers are my friend.

Week 2:

156 6C

56 NS

Richard and Chris9 have reacted to this post.
RichardChris9
PreviousPage 6 of 14Next

Subscribe
to our newsletter 
- coming soon

CONTACT FORM HERE...

Coming soon...
apartmentenvelope