Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BDT imbalance and muscular gains

Hi,

The BDT concept is interesting, but I have the impression that this form of training risks leading to muscular imbalance and all the related joint and tendon problems. Indeed, in this training routine of 4x20 minutes per week, there is never the slightest specific work for the back.

What do you think ?

I have an other question to MAx or other people who have been doing high intensity burpees for a long time. Did you achieve such a physique only with this burpees-based training or did you have a base of hypertrophy training before?

I would like to be able to increase my endurance, but also build some muscle.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

There is always the possibility of repetitive stress injury when doing repeated actions such as in BDP. However, the limited time that the program suggests limits overall volume of training which mitigates the risk to some extent.

In terms of physique changes, I can honestly say that I have gained far more since doing burpees than I ever did before (mixing HIIT with some resistance training and other sports). My wife has commented on the changes, so they must be fairly obvious! The changes I can see are mainly around shoulders and chest but also abs and, contrary to your comment above, upper back!  I can echo Max’s frequently quoted remark “it has gotten me in the best shape ever and it can do the same for you”.

I can honestly say that I have gained online muscle growth supplements usa far more since  doing burpees than I ever did before (mixing HIIT with some resistance training and other sports). My wife has commented on the changes, so they must be fairly obvious!

I love pull-ups, so I do a short pull-up workout in addition to my burpees. Nobody is saying you cannot.

Max actually shared his regular pull-up routine recently on YouTube.

Subscribe
to our newsletter 
- coming soon

CONTACT FORM HERE...

Coming soon...
apartmentenvelope