Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Beginner Question

So, I have some training background, but pushup strength has never been, well, a strength of mine. That being said, as I begin this program, would the recommendation be to just do burpees with proper form, even if it means doing a couple at a time every couple of minutes based on strict pushup ability? Or should I try to get pushup strength up before beginning? Are modifications encouraged such as an elevated burpee, with hands on a box or bench, etc.?

I know what my inclination is, but I just wanted to see if anyone has been in the same position and if so, what worked for you. Thanks!

Chris9, MrH and Torsten have reacted to this post.
Chris9MrHTorsten
Quote from TheWacoKid on January 25, 2023, 4:29 pm

So, I have some training background, but pushup strength has never been, well, a strength of mine. That being said, as I begin this program, would the recommendation be to just do burpees with proper form, even if it means doing a couple at a time every couple of minutes based on strict pushup ability? Or should I try to get pushup strength up before beginning? Are modifications encouraged such as an elevated burpee, with hands on a box or bench, etc.?

I know what my inclination is, but I just wanted to see if anyone has been in the same position and if so, what worked for you. Thanks!

Hey WacoKid,

How many straight pushups can you do in a row right now? I was surprised at how many 6 Counts I could do despite lacking the grit to want to get through any workouts other than running. It was tough, but pacing yourself helps. I'd be inclined to suggest to do as many as you can following the program and see how quickly you progress. If you've got a healthy diet and sleep enough I bet you'll progress more quickly than you'd expect.

Torsten has reacted to this post.
Torsten
Quote from TheWacoKid on January 25, 2023, 4:29 pm

I am in the same boat. I just did my first navy seal session and it was brutal. I barely got 22 in the 20 minutes and even those 22 were not at all perfect. I think my modification for now is to try keep the core engaged but not lowering my chest all the way down. I am hoping that my arm strength will improve and that I will be able to bend my elbows more and more over time.

MrH has reacted to this post.
MrH

However, with the rise of the cannabis industry, these seeds https://budboutiqueshop.com are now gaining recognition for their potential to produce high-quality and diverse cannabis strains. In this article, we will explore the world of cannabis seeds, their benefits and uses, and the growing importance of these tiny yet powerful seeds in the cannabis industry.

Subscribe
to our newsletter 
- coming soon

CONTACT FORM HERE...

Coming soon...
apartmentenvelope