Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTRAINING TALK: ALL THINGS BDTTraining kit!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Training kit!

With the BDP 2.0 underway now, I think it would be a good idea if anyone has any recommendations for weight vests. I've just purchased a replacement one from Decathalon in the UK and I don't like it! To stop it from riding up and down my body when doing burpees, I have to have it so tight it restricts my breathing. This because the steel plates front and back act like a vice.....there is no give in the vest.  My old vest used pouches filled with little sandbags and it used to fit around my body quite comfortably.

I can't afford to buy another one yet but I wondered if anyone else has this issue of having their breathing restricted by their vest? The last thing you need on the BDP is the inability to take oxygen on board!

The Original Busy Dad, Paul from Oregon and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Original Busy DadPaul from OregonEric McCartydavidsierra2023MrH

Hello Rob, you legend! I vote for a sand bag format. The one I'm using now is Chris, nothing fancy, and it's been great!

Paul from Oregon, Rob and MrH have reacted to this post.
Paul from OregonRobMrH

Thank you Max...I will have to persevere with this new one until I can find a good one that doesn't have the steel plates!

Paul from Oregon and MrH have reacted to this post.
Paul from OregonMrH

Hey Rob!

I had thought about this after you mentioned it on one of your YT workouts.
Can you redistribute the weight in the vest... I wondered if there was less weight in the back and more in the front, it may be less inclined to ride up your back?

Ps. I bet Bob loves it when the vest clouts the back of your head!

Best wishes,
Tom Rafferty.

Paul from Oregon has reacted to this post.
Paul from Oregon

Hey Rob!
I wondered if the weight in your vest could be redistributed, less in the back and more in the front, would it be less likely to ride up your back then??

Ps. I bet Bob loves it when the vest clouts the back of your head!

Best wishes, Tom.

Rob has reacted to this post.
Rob

Thanks Tom,  I will have a fiddle around with the vest to see if I can make it work for me. I just find the plates really restricting whereas my old mini sandbag vest fitted nicely around my body. And yes, I'm sure BoB enjoyed seeing me get some payback 😂

Tom Rafferty has reacted to this post.
Tom Rafferty

Subscribe
to our newsletter 
- coming soon

CONTACT FORM HERE...

Coming soon...
apartmentenvelope