Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Weekly Training Results

PreviousPage 3 of 14Next

How is training going this week, friends?

I'm dragging my heals with training a little bit this week.  I've spent 30 minutes of my weekly training budget, and I need to up my game for the last 50.  For the first 20, I had a great time filming a follow along video for Gaz, but today, I spent 10 minutes a bit aimlessly gliding through 100 6-cts.  Not good.  No intentionality or focus.  I'm coming off a little bout of flu and an annoying tweak in my neck (from sleeping funny, I think), and I didn't behave as a Busy Dad should in today's session.  Rectification begins tomorrow!

I hope you guys are having a better training week than me!

Paul from Oregon, Seamus.T and MrH have reacted to this post.
Paul from OregonSeamus.TMrH

I'm 5' 11" and weigh 105kg (I have a built in weight vest) and am on a jorney to lose that.  I have hit a serious plateau and I think that my weight is a contributing factor.  Obviously it is a factor but I think it's only recenly I have accepted that and  watching the advanced guys using weight vests really hits that home.  I tested in at 70 6cts and 32 Navy Seals and I'm now doing up to 120 6 counts and 58 Navy Seals at the moment and can#t seem to breach those numbers.  So there is definite progression.  I am enjoying the journey though.

The Original Busy Dad, Paul from Oregon and MrH have reacted to this post.
The Original Busy DadPaul from OregonMrH

I wasn't logged in so will repost under my name!

I'm 46 years old, 5' 11" and weigh 105kg (I have a built in weight vest) and am on a jorney to lose that.  I have hit a serious plateau and I think that my weight is a contributing factor.  Obviously it is a factor but I think it's only recenly I have accepted that and  watching the advanced guys using weight vests really hits that home.  I tested in at 70 6cts and 32 Navy Seals and I'm now doing up to 120 6 counts and 58 Navy Seals at the moment and can#t seem to breach those numbers.  So there is definite progression.  I am enjoying the journey though.

Admin, The Original Busy Dad and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
AdminThe Original Busy DadPaul from OregonGazUKSeamus.TMrH

Finished out the week with a 6 count PR @225, and a Seal PR @94. Have high hopes for tomorrow and a new week, but I'm not going to put numbers on goals because that generally backfires for me. The Busy Dad program is a Journey, not a trip.

Hope all are well!

GazUK, Seamus.T and MrH have reacted to this post.
GazUKSeamus.TMrH
Quote from The Original Busy Dad on June 23, 2022, 4:09 am
Quote from Seamus.T on June 20, 2022, 10:16 am
Quote from Seamus.T on June 17, 2022, 10:15 am

Love the simplicity of the program.

Test-in 106 6counts.

I'm 115 kgs. Anyone else similar weight? What numbers did you start at?

Will do the navy seals test-in on Sunday.

Only managed 40 Navy seals. Very humbling. I'm in now though.

Didn't do it yesterday as I did a 50k bike ride.

Need to plan the rest of the sessions this week.

Any novice advice? Just try and mash a PB each time?

Quote from Seamus.T on June 17, 2022, 10:15 am

Love the simplicity of the program.

Test-in 106 6counts.

I'm 115 kgs. Anyone else similar weight? What numbers did you start at?

Will do the navy seals test-in on Sunday.

Hey my man,

My buddy Julian is not quite as big as you -- you might be the heaviest member of the Busy Dad Army!! -- but I think he's around 105 and 6' 5".  He tested in at 150 6-cts and 60 seals.  He's a semi-pro footballer in his mid-20s and is super fit.  What you're testing in at given your body weight is extremely impressive.  I can't wait to hear more as you progress through the program!!

Yeah I'm 6'4" so similar height. Carrying alot of weight though.

Only got my second 6 count session in today(only 103). Decided to work at a 5 EMOM pace and see what was left in the last minute.

Been doing some long haul travel-Asia to Ireland. Jet lagg hopefully done now. Determined to get my 80 minutes in this week. Push for a PB in the second 6count session.

Paul from Oregon and MrH have reacted to this post.
Paul from OregonMrH
Quote from The Original Busy Dad on June 23, 2022, 4:15 am

For the first 20, I had a great time filming a follow along video for Gaz,

I really appreciated this video,Max!

Thank you so much

I followed along and achieved my Seals PB using this video.

Was motivation hearing you say "Cmon Gaz" throughout the session

Many thanks

Gaz

The Original Busy Dad, Paul from Oregon and MrH have reacted to this post.
The Original Busy DadPaul from OregonMrH

🔐🔐 just unlocked Level 1C ..100 6 counts 20 minutes 🔐🔐

Pleased with that 😉

Thanks to you all on here and to The Busy Dad himself for the continued motivation which spills over into giving me the discipline to do these .

Seamus.T and MrH have reacted to this post.
Seamus.TMrH
Quote from GazUK on June 27, 2022, 6:29 pm

🔐🔐 just unlocked Level 1C ..100 6 counts 20 minutes 🔐🔐

Pleased with that 😉

Thanks to you all on here and to The Busy Dad himself for the continued motivation which spills over into giving me the discipline to do these .

Good man. Great going 👏

Paul from Oregon, GazUK and MrH have reacted to this post.
Paul from OregonGazUKMrH

40 Navy Seal there same as test in. My Back has been twitchy , made sure to go steady and brace every rep.

2 more sessions the week left. Rest tomorrow and push for PB in 6 counts on Thursday.

Paul from OregonMrH
Quote from Seamus.T on June 28, 2022, 6:02 am

40 Navy Seal there same as test in. My Back has been twitchy , made sure to go steady and brace every rep.

2 more sessions the week left. Rest tomorrow and push for PB in 6 counts on Thursday.

Thanks for the comments on the previous post 👍

Great work by yourself 👊

Paul from OregonMrH
PreviousPage 3 of 14Next

Subscribe
to our newsletter 
- coming soon

CONTACT FORM HERE...

Coming soon...
apartmentenvelope